This article covers the splitting of purchases data into different Xero ledger accounts.
The Xero Integration setup guide outlines the various steps to follow in order to get going with Xero. It covers the basic default settings such as sales, payment and purchase ledger account settings. Those default settings can be augmented to sync purchases to different accounts depending on product attributes. The following article outlines the steps to follow to sync your purchases data to different Xero accounts.
Add a payment sync rule
Follow the steps below to add a payment sync rule to your Xero integration.
- Under Integrations
- Click View Settings under the Xero integration tile
- Under Purchases accounts section, click Add Sync Rule
- Choose a condition
- Type in or choose a value
- Choose the ledger account you want this type of data to sync to
- Once you set the conditions and values, Click Add Rule
The table below outlines the purchases sync rules supported as of today:
|Sync rule name (condition)
|How it works
|Purchases by Product Type
|Sync purchases data into different ledger accounts depending on the product type purchased
|Purchases by Product Category (Tag)
|Sync purchases data into different ledger accounts depending on the product category purchased
Remove a purchases sync rule
To remove a sale sync rule:
- Go to Integrations
- Click on Settings on the Xero integration tile
- Under Purchases Accounts, find the rule you want to delete
- Click on the cross (❌) symbol next to the rule you created.
Once you are done creating rules and making other changes to your Xero integration settings, you can click on Save Changes.